Even though I got a ton of fabulous gifts for Christmas this year, one of my favorites has to be these stainless steel drinking straws from a very special person I saw them on Tina‘s blog all the time, and I figured these would be perfect for me and more budget & earth friendly! Let’s just forget about the fact that I like to chew straws…thank goodness stainless steel isn’t too pliable!
You can buy them on OpenSky!
With sippin’ in mind, this drink is ah-maz-ing. It’s pretty much like a frothy espresso on ice. And guess what’s in it? Instant coffee! I know, I know, not super fancy, but trust me, it’s delish. This slurpy drink is called a frappé and it’s Greek! If you’re really Greek, you can call it a φραπές…I’ll just stick with frappé.
- 1 tsp. instant coffee granules (Nescafe is most recommended)
- 1 tsp. sugar or sugar substitute (I used Splenda)
- Cocktail shaker
- 1/2 & 1/2, cream, any milk of choice for topping
1. Combine coffee and sugar with 2-3 tablespoons of cold water in the shaker.
2. Shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds until mixture appears foamy.
3. Pour into glass and add ice cubes. Top with a drizzle of milk.
I have a feeling instant coffee might be making a permanent appearance in my pantry verrry soon
Think of all the possibilities to add to this…Grand Marnier, Kahlua, Vodka (!!)
Plus, it’s good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Maybe I’ll add a frappé with Grand Marnier to my breakfast!