First of all, thank you ALL so much for the lovely, amazing, wonderful comments you left me about my first 5k. I definitely think there will be more races in my future!
After work, I bolted to the gym and was determined to finish a weight circuit in 30 minutes. I wanted to get sweaty and get outta there! It was actually kind of fun, racing the clock-it kept me goin’!
This workout is my go-to weight training workout. Try this next time you want something quick, sweaty and tough.
Go To Weights Workout (3-4 sets of 15 reps of each)
- Squats (on squat machine or squats with 10 lb. weights in each arm)
- Leg presses
- Calf raises (again, I used a machine, but you can do these without one)
- Skull crushers
- Bicep curls
- Shoulder raises (I either use a shoulder machine, or do them with free weights, sitting on an exercise ball)
- 4 sets of 30 varying crunches (I do whatever I’m feeling at the time!)
When I came home, all I wanted was a big plate of food! Once I finally settled on the grain of choice, I picked random things from the fridge and threw them in. The result was more delicious than I thought!
Kitchen Sink Quinoa
- 1 c. quinoa
- 1 small Russet potato, chopped
- 1 bundle of asparagus, chunked
- 2 tbsp. almonds, chopped
- 1/2 c. chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375F. Place potatoes and asparagus on a lined baking sheet and spray with cooking spray, season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, or until veggies are tender and golden. While veggies roast, cook quinoa according to directions and fluff with a fork. Add veggies, parmesan, almonds, lemon juice and chickpeas to cooked quinoa and serve.