Gooood (late) morning !
If you’re reading this now…
1. This means I’ve started blogging twice a day again, woohoo!
2. This also means you get to read my (sometimes) pointless rambling more than once. Don’t act like you don’t love that.
I’m currently blogging from the comfort of my own bed
I woke up, made coffee and got back into bed to get some blog stuff done before I head to work. I wasn’t even this productive in college. Wait, who was?
In life, it really is the little things, so let’s go over the things I’ve discovered lately.
1. Mornings are NOT as bad as I used to think.
I was always anti-mornings. But since I work longer hours now, I think my body is now used to waking up earlier. I’ve realized that waking up is the worst part. Once you actually get your butt out of bed, nothing is more refreshing than walking outside in the early morning. Now someone get me a cup of coffee.
2. Speaking of coffee, I discovered that adding a few unexpected things can make a cup of homemade joe even better.
3. You don’t have to trudge through wet grass and get mud on your heels.
So random, I know. The people at SoleMates invented a heel guard of sorts for your heels. I know this has happened to at least a handful of you out there. You know, walking in your cute platforms and then you feel like your sinking into quick sand. Then you lift up your heel and you have a nice little mud surprise on the bottom. Why hasn’t this idea been around longer?!
4. Smells can make you feel better.
The other day, I was in a bit of a funk. So, I sat in my bed, lit 1,323 candles and read a book. Nothing made me feel better than the smell of cinnamon apples, fall leaves and black currant vanilla. Yes, these all smell fantastic together. If you don’t believe me, read this article.
What’s something you’ve discovered lately?