It’s been forever. Forever and ever since I’ve posted. And well, SO many things have changed. I’ve moved to New York with Chris, he is now an orthopedic surgery resident (!) and I have a completely new job. After over a year of dramatic life changes, tough times (and great ones), I finally feel like I can sit down, take a deep breath and put all of my effort and attention towards what’s really important in my life.
One of those is definitely this blog. To kick off the new chapter in my life and Simple Eats, I’m bring you a delicious recipe that couldn’t be easier, thanks to a fantastic product I was graciously given to try out…
Each of these cups contains a different mixture of vegetables and spices, perfect for mixing into rice, pasta, soups, stews, dips, as a spread for sandwiches and in rubs/marinades for meat. Honestly, there’s not much you can’t do with this stuff!
I had already used the mirepoix Flavor Bomb (onion, carrot, celery) in a quick chicken noodle soup (which turned out so well); but this time, I wanted to make something a little bit different.
That’s when I thought of using the basil Flavor Bomb (basil, garlic, pignoli, cheese) to create a pesto dish with quinoa.
Plus, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice brightened up the entire dish. Yum!
Parmesan & Pesto Quinoa
- 1 c. quinoa
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 2 T Basil Flavor Bomb
- 2 T parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 t salt
- 1 t ground black pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- Combine quinoa and chicken broth in a medium/large sized pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once quinoa/broth is boiling, lower heat to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until liquid has absorbed and quinoa is cooked completely.
- Turn off heat and stir in flavor bomb, salt, pepper, and parmesan.
- Pour lemon juice onto quinoa and stir everything to combine.
- Serve hot, room temperature or cold.